The world of Ecommerce is always expanding, and to keep pace Magento 2 has released a newer version. Magento 2.2 will be the latest update to the most popular Ecommerce platform on the internet, and is going to mainly include new features that improve upon its Business-to-Business (B2B) functionality.
- Along with the added features for Ecommerce stores to improve business operations, Magento 2.2 also brings functionality updates to enhance its general performance.
- The B2B segment of e commerce is rapidly growing and is expected to reach the milestone of $6.7 trillion within just a three years.
- Magento currently holds 14% of the market share for ecommerce platforms. With the release of Magento 2, it’s possible this percentage could increase.
- Magento 2 comes with features that make it a better platform overall. It competes with other top platforms like Shopify and Woocommerce.
- Compared to Magento 1, Magento 2 will run an average of 20% faster. Faster site speed encourages more sales and increases website search engine optimization.
Standalone databases for key subsystems like order management, product management and checkout; combined with support for MySQL Cluster, enable Magento to scale to handle rapid growth.
Comprehensive backend improvements enable larger teams to make product updates and process orders at the same time without diminished performance.
The checkout process in Magento 2 is more streamlined, making it quicker and easier for customers to go from cart to completed order. It’s highly customizable and requires less steps and customer information. Reducing the checkout time is huge for reducing abandoned carts and increasing conversions.
When a customer goes to checkout, they are brought to a default guest checkout screen where they enter an email address. If this matches an existing customer, they are given an option to checkout faster with saved information. Guests can create an account in one click from the order Thank You page. These features encourage repeat customers.
To secure potential weaknesses with the Magento platform, the 2.2 update removes unserialized calls from its performance code to eliminate the vulnerabilities they allow. On top of that, Magento has added a hashing algorithm to better protect the information of its users.
Signifyd is a fraud protection service made for Ecommerce webstores that was originally only available with the use of an extension. The Magento 2.2 update, however, offers Signifyd to every one of its users off the bat.
Magento 2 also integrates a lot of popular extensions so stores have better functionality out of the box. This includes payment gateways like PayPal and Braintree. These are payment platforms the majority of Magento users choose to integrate anyway, so Magento 2 makes it a lot easier.
Better admin interface:
The admin interface of Magento 2 now includes drag-and-drop layout editing. This means you don’t need extensive coding knowledge to modify an online store’s appearance. Create a beautiful store in half the time.
It comes with new responsively designed (and SEO-friendly) themes, integrated video, and easier checkout. These all improve the look and function of Magento stores on mobile devices, thus encouraging mobile sales.
Improved CMS Content Interface:
Improved WYSIWYG interface has more option then the previous WYSIWYG interface used in magento 1.x so you have the more power in content creation.
Latest posts by Thejasree (see all)
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration – The Benefits, Reasons, and Process - December 19, 2019
- 10 BEST PHP FRAMEWORKS FOR WEB DEVELOPMENT IN 2019 - January 9, 2019
- Magento 2 Knockout to be deprecated - November 21, 2018