What Separates Magento As a Leading eCommerce Platform
The rise of technology has provided business owners with a variety of new opportunities to enhance growth and promote sales in a cost-effective manner. With the ability to master trends such as social media, paid media, search engine optimization and website design/development companies now have the advantage of being specialized in one leading platform or skilled trade and dominating that niche. Businesses that have not managed to integrate into the technological world may find their brand diminishing, even if they were previously at the top of their industry’s tier. E-Commerce makes it possible for consumers to buy and sell online with no barriers of distance or time, providing an important element of convenience.
Consider how Cyber Monday has quickly become just as popular as Black Friday; the customer now has the option of avoiding long lines and early morning hours and can even wear their pajamas while purchasing an item with the click of a button. E-Commerce makes it all possible, benefiting both the business and the client. Imagine the world before E-Commerce; sales were limited to a storefront and a local demographic. Purchasing online opens up the ability to sell to any demographic, whether local, nationwide and even internationally.
Choosing the right online storefront or platform may prove difficult, especially when so many are available that offer so many different varieties of features. Considering efficiency of use and end satisfaction of consumers plays a role in the success of any business endeavour, Magento is a great solution for your brand. This open source content management system provides many features to enhance online sales and promote your brand. Optima has outlines some of the features it offers:
- Manage more than one storefront at a time from a single admin panel. Magento allows users to integrate several different domain names into one control panel, regardless of how many IP addresses and security certificates are used.
- Customize your storefront with a variety of unlimited professional themes; users can swap themes between permanent designs or temporary ones for season-specific sales.
- Orders can be edited, created, viewed and fulfilled within the admin interface, providing clients with easy ordering solutions. Users can conveniently view the full history of their transactions and businesses can quickly create multiple invoices.
- Post multiple images of a product with zoom-in capabilities and post product reviews to captivate a client. The shopping experience is enhanced in every way possible, making the call for action greater.
- View reports with the click of a button and take advantage of the most important aspect of any eCommerce site – Google Analytics is integrated into Magento. Business owners can view their most-viewed products, reports of abandoned shopping carts and much more!
Perhaps the reason Magento stands above other CMS platforms is the same reason WordPress has become more popular than other website content tools; as Gauss Development puts it, “Since this is open source software, developers can modify the source code and add features and functionality by creating or installing add-ons and plug-ins.” The ability to have total control of design elements makes this platform stand above the rest!